Environmental & Plastic Policy
& plastic policy
At Wenlock Water, we have an Environmental policy which we are constantly striving to improve….
- 99% of waste on our site is recycled
- 46% of our energy on site comes from renewable energy sources
- Our delivery vans are fitted with the latest European Standards engines that comply with emissions regulations
- Our delivery routes are carefully planned to reduce mileage and therefore emissions
- We purchase locally whenever we can to support local business and minimise impact.
The Plastic Economy is high on the agenda for the Government and Press.
Water coolers are a real alternative to plastic PET bottles as the plastic used for water-cooler containers has a long life span. In fact we have bottles that we have been using for around 19 years!
We have a ‘return system’ which means that when you order a new bottle, we take away the empty one. The empty bottle is sanitised using water heated by our Bio Mass boilers.
When it has reached the end of its lifespan we crush and return it to a recycling facility. Similarly, our water cooler units are stripped at the end of their lifespan and the unit and coolant are recycled.
At Wenlock Water, we are constantly looking for innovations for our business so that we – reduce, reuse, recycle.