The Orme family have been bottling Wenlock Spring’s water since 1989 and are the proud custodians of a water that was recognised for its delicately sweet taste. In 2018, Wenlock Spring won a Gold for our Still water at the British Bottling Institute Awards. Water with the edge? We think so, we hope you agree.
At Wenlock Spring, we have an Environment policy which we are constantly striving to improve....
- 99% of waste on our site is recycled.
- 46% of our energy on site comes from renewable energy sources.
- We have the most efficient bottling plant available at the present time, and we will update when more efficient technology is available.
- Our delivery vans are fitted with the latest European Standards engines that comply with emissions regulations.
- Our delivery routes are carefully planned to reduce mileage and therefore emissions.
- We purchase locally whenever we can to support local business and minimise impact.
Our consistent policy at Wenlock Spring is to – reduce, reuse and recycle.
As you’ll no doubt be aware, the Plastic Economy is high on the agenda for the Government and Press. Water coolers are a real alternative to plastic PET bottles as the plastic used for water-cooler containers has up to a 10-year life span. We have a ‘return system’ which means that when you order a new bottle, we take away the empty one. The empty bottle is sanitised using water heated by our Bio Mass boilers. When it has reached the end of its lifespan we crush and return it to a recycling facility. Similarly, our water cooler units are stripped at the end of their lifespan and the unit and coolant are recycled.
Plastic is part of the modern way of life, there will not be significant moves away from plastic production as a whole, but the UK is changing, and the next generation should not have to ‘clean-up’ our mess! At Wenlock Spring, we are constantly looking for innovations for our business so that we - reduce, reuse, recycle.
The future policy at Wenlock Spring is to reinvest and better our Green efficiency, Bruce Orme, Director says, “We love where we live, and we want to ensure that future generations will have the same passion for the Shropshire landscape as we have”.
With that in mind, we will:
- Replace equipment when it is obsolete, with more and more energy efficient machinery.
- Protect and reinvest in our land and the surrounding country side, which is in an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’.